The Val R. Christensen Service Center is proud to have been student-run since 1970! There are many opportunities for leadership, creative planning, and getting to know the Cache Valley community through service.
The core council helps our 18 student directors and trip leaders find service opportunities and helps keep things running smoothly.
The 2016-2017 core council is:
USUSA Service Vice President: Todd Brown
- Connects USUSA with service on campus and in the wider community
Secretary: Becca Huppi
- Takes minutes at meetings, keeps paperwork in order, gets to say "so let it be written, so let it be done" with authority
Outreach Chair: Emily Allen
- Brings together service opportunities from community partner organizations for all Aggie volunteers to see
Marketing Intern: Colin Dutson
- Makes sure every Aggie wanting to volunteer knows what's up and when to show up
Youth and Education Issue Area Coordinator: Ali Mahamat
- Assists the student directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters, Aggies for Education, and Aggie Translators
Social Justice and Sustainability Issue Area Coordinator: Chandra Marsh
- Assists the student directors of SNAC, STEP, Aggie Sustainability, and Aggie Outdoor Volunteers
Health and Ability Issue Area Coordinator: TBD
- Assists the student directors of Friends of the Elderly, Aggie Health, Special Olympics, and Best Buddies
Alternative Breaks Issue Area Coordinators: Sarah Larsson and Nate Staker
- Assists the five student trip leaders heading to Salt Lake City, Goblin Valley State Park, Southern Utah, Portland, and San Diego
Community Service Coordinator: Nelda Ault-Dyslin
- Staff member that gives students ideas and makes sure they don't spend all their money in one place
If you're interested in being a service leader, stop by the Service Center (TSC 332) and find out how you can contribute! We interview for each position in late March every year.