SNAC's COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
AS OF MARCH 31, THE SNAC PANTRY IS ORDER-AND-PICK-UP-OUTSIDE ONLY!
SNAC patrons will now order online using this form: https://form.jotform.com/200786504000039 and then remain outside the building while a volunteer runs their order to them. There will be no in-person pantry visits.
If arriving to pick up an order by car, pull into the University Inn Parking lot. USU Parking has granted free parking in the University Inn lot to SNAC patrons who need to access the pantry during regular operational hours. Patrons will need to inform the booth attendant that their visit is for SNAC pantry pickup in order to avoid any charges. Park in the lot and then call 435-797-1740 to let the volunteer know you have arrived.
If arriving on foot to pick up an order, stand near the University Inn and call 435-797-1740 to let the volunteer know you have arrived.
We are adopting the following procedures to stay open and useful as long as possible:
- Regular sanitization throughout the pantry at the being and end of each day and shift.
- Wiping down any cans brought individually rather than in wrapped cases.
- Discontinuing use of bulk bins; individually packaging pastries, bagels, bread.
- Asking that volunteers use food-safe certified practices.
Summer 2020 SNAC Hours
What Is SNAC?
The Student Nutrition Access Center is USU's on-campus food pantry. Any Aggie with a USU ID in need of food can come to SNAC one time per week, no questions asked (please bring your own reusable bag!).
Where Does the Food in SNAC Come From?
- Canned and nonperishable food is donated by the Cache Community Food Pantry
- Fresh produce in the summer and fall comes from the Utah Conservation Corps Urban Community Farm
- Unsold bread, bagels, desserts, and other perishables are donated by USU Dining Services
- Ready-to-heat meals are recovered and repackaged by the Campus Kitchen at USU
How Can I Donate Food to SNAC?
To arrange to donate, fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/201005345688049
How Can I Support the Work of SNAC?
It takes many hands to keep SNAC open! Log into your AggieSync account and join SNAC, the Food Recovery Network, the UCC Urban Community Farm, and the Campus Kitchen at USU if you want to learn about volunteer opportunities.
We raised $10,817 through our recent Aggie Funded campaign! Thank you for your support! https://www.usu.edu/aggiefunded/snac/index
SNAC Facts at a Glance
- During the 2018-2019 academic year, 2,030 Aggies visited the SNAC pantry 8,996 times!
- Volunteers pick up 1,200-1,500 lbs of canned food from the Cache Community Food Pantry once per week to stock the shelves. Almost all this food is gone by the end of the week!
- On Fridays, we donate the leftover bread and pastries to local organizations such as senior citizen centers and family centers
- When USU changed to online-only classes and canceled all campus events, SNAC stayed open to serve about 100 students every week